What is it?
The Government's cycle to work initiative allows you to obtain a tax free bike. For most people, this means about a 32% saving. Effectively, you enter a loan agreement with your employer and pay for the bike out of your gross salary. At the end of the loan period you are normally able to make a one off payment to take ownership of the bike.
Your employer can handle cycle to work bikes in one of two ways. They can either self administrate the scheme themselves or can use a third party, such as Cyclescheme, to administrate the scheme for them. If your employer self administrates then they will simply need a VAT receipt for their records, please contact us directly if you needs this. If your employer is affiliated to Cyclescheme then you can use this quote builder to obtain your quote. Please note, we are not affiliated to other facilitators such as Bike2Work and Cycle2Work.
Please Note: We are unable to offer Podium Points and Sale bikes will be subject a 10% premium on the voucher amount when paying by Cyclescheme voucher. This is due to Cyclescheme's charges. This does not apply to if your employer pays us directly.
More information is available at Cyclescheme's Website
How to obtain your bike using a Cyclescheme voucher:
- Add this "Cyclescheme Quotation" to your basket and fill in the employer and voucher details.
- Add your desired bike and cycling equipment to your basket. You can get whatever you need to keep you in the saddle and cycle commuting regularly. (Please see exceptions in the FAQs)
- Checkout filling in your personal details, so long as the "Cyclescheme Quotation" is in your shopping cart you will not be asked for any payment details.
- We will receive your quotation request and email you a quotation within one working day.
- Should you be happy with your quotation, you can request a Cyclescheme voucher from your employer. (Your employer will direct you to an area on Cylcescheme's website where you can do this)
- If you would like to reserve a bike so it is guaranteed for you when you receive your voucher then please contact us so we can take a deposit. This will normally be £50 and will be refunded when the voucher is received.
- If you would like your bike to be delivered to you, you will need to post us your voucher along with a copy of your photo ID and a copy of proof of address (see details below).
If you would like to collect the bike instore, please call us so we can arrange a collection date.
- Once we have verified your voucher and ID, we will ship the bike to your home address or work address. If you would like to collect your bike instore, you will need to visit us with your voucher and original photo ID.
Where can my bike be delivered to?
We can deliver to either your home address or your work address. We cannot deliver to any address that is not shown on your voucher.
Is there a delivery charge?
Our standard delivery charges apply. Free to most parts of the UK. £25 to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands. Delivery charges will not appear on your quote and will need to be paid for outside of your voucher.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
Photo ID: A copy of a valid UK Driving Licence or UK Passport
Proof of Address: A household utility bill or bank statement dated in the last 3 months showing your name and address. Internet statements are not acceptable.
Can bicycles be shipped when paying with a Cyclescheme voucher?
Yes, please follow the above procedure.
Is there a limit to the value of the bike and accessories I can select?
*updated 13th June 2019* Starting from the 16th of August 2019 the Cyclescheme limit will no longer be restricted to £1000 for employers without a consumer credit limit. Your employer's can choose to restrict vouchers to a limit or offer an unlimited scheme.
Can vouchers be "topped up" with additional funds?
*updated 13th June 2019* The "topping up" of vouchers is no longer permissable.
Are Podium Points available when paying by Cyclescheme voucher?
We are unable to offer our Podium Point scheme when payment is by Cyclescheme voucher. This is because Cyclescheme receive a commission from each sale. If your employer is paying us directly then you are eligible for Podium Points.
Are Sale/Discounted bikes available when paying by Cyclescheme voucher?
Yes. However, due to their reduced margin, sale bikes will be subject to a 10% surcharge which will added to the quotation (capped at £300). This is standard procedure for Cyclescheme stores.
Are there any exceptions as to what can be purchased using a Cyclescheme voucher?
Yes. You cannot purchase the following items: GPS ride trackers and navigation devices, Bike racks for cars, Cameras, Turbo trainers or rollers, Gift cards, Nutritional products / foodstuffs, Power meters, Headphones.
Request Cyclescheme Quotation