What is it?
Cyclescheme is a cycle to work voucher provider which works with thousands of employers and independent bike shops.
The Government's cycle to work initiative allows you to obtain a tax free bike. For most people, this means about a 32% saving. Effectively, you enter a loan agreement with your employer and pay for the bike out of your gross salary. At the end of the loan period you are normally able to make a one off payment to take ownership of the bike.
There are many different cycle to work providers, please take the time to check that your employer uses Cyclescheme. We can also work with the Green Commute Initative and My Benefits World. We cannot accept vouchers from other providers such as such as; Bike2Work or Cycle2Work.
Please Note: We are unable to offer Podium Points in conjuntion with payment by Cyclescheme voucher. This is due to Cyclescheme's charges which we can't absord on reduced price bikes.
More information is available at Cyclescheme's Website
How to obtain your bike using a Cyclescheme voucher:
- Add your desired bike and/or cycling equipment to your basket. You can get whatever you need to keep you in the saddle and cycle commuting regularly. (Please see exceptions in the FAQs)
- Visit the checkout and select the Cyclescheme option
- If you already have a Cyclescheme voucher please enter the voucher code and complete the checkout. Make sure your voucher value covers your goods total.
- If you would like a quote then please select the quote option and continue to checkout. We will send you a quote within 1 business day.
- Should you be happy with your quotation, please contact us to confirm you would like to proceed. We will normally require a £50 refundable deposit to reserve your goods whilst your voucher application is being processed.
- You can then request a Cyclescheme voucher from your employer. (Your employer will direct you to an area on Cyclescheme's website where you can do this)
- If you would like your goods to be delivered, you will need to forward us your PDF voucher along with a scan or image of your photo ID and a copy of proof of address (see details below)
- If you would like to collect the bike instore, please call us so we can arrange a collection date.
- Once we have verified your voucher and ID, we will ship the bike to your home address or work address. If you would like to collect your bike instore, you will need to visit us with your voucher and original photo ID.
Where can my bike be delivered to?
We can deliver to either your home address or your work address. We cannot deliver to any address that is not shown on your voucher.
Is there a delivery charge?
Our standard delivery charges apply. Free to most parts of the UK. £25 to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands. Delivery charges will not appear on your quote and will need to be paid for outside of your voucher.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
Photo ID: A copy of a valid UK Driving Licence or UK Passport
Proof of Address: A household utility bill or bank statement dated in the last 3 months showing your name and address. Internet statements are not acceptable.
Can bicycles be shipped when paying with a Cyclescheme voucher?
Yes, please follow the above procedure.
Is there a limit to the value of the bike and accessories I can select?
*updated 13th June 2019* Starting from the 16th of August 2019 the Cyclescheme limit will no longer be restricted to £1000 for employers without a consumer credit limit. Your employer's can choose to restrict vouchers to a limit or offer an unlimited scheme.
Can vouchers be "topped up" with additional funds?
*updated 13th June 2019* The "topping up" of vouchers is no longer permissable.
Are Podium Points available when paying by Cyclescheme voucher?
We are unable to offer our Podium Point scheme when payment is by Cyclescheme voucher. This is because Cyclescheme receive a commission from each sale. If your employer is paying us directly then you are eligible for Podium Points.
Are Sale/Discounted bikes available when paying by Cyclescheme voucher?
Are there any exceptions as to what can be purchased using a Cyclescheme voucher?
Yes. You cannot purchase the following items: GPS ride trackers and navigation devices, Bike racks for cars, Cameras, Turbo trainers or rollers, Gift cards, Nutritional products / foodstuffs, Power meters, Headphones.