Green Commute Initiative
What is it?
Green Commute Initiative is the industry-leading and award-winning cycle to work scheme with no spend limits and no ownership fees. You can save from 33.25-48.25% (depending on your tax rate). Pay monthly through salary sacrifice with no added interest with salary sacrifice periods ranging from 3 to 60 months. Get any type of cycle through GCI and help reduce congestion and pollution whilst improving your health, fitness and mental wellbeing. When more people cycle for short journeys, everyone wins.
There are many different cycle to work providers, please take the time to check that your employer uses the Green Commute Initiative. We can also work with Cyclescheme and My Benefits World. We cannot accept vouchers from other providers such as such as; Bike2Work or Cycle2Work.
Please Note: We are unable to offer Podium Points in conjunction with payment by Green Commute Initiative voucher and Sale bikes will be subject a 5% surcharge. This is due to GCI's charges which we can't absord on reduced price bikes.
More information is available at Green Commute Initiative's Website
How to obtain your bike using a Green Commute Initiative voucher:
- Add your desired bike and/or cycling equipment to your basket. You can get whatever you need to keep you in the saddle and cycle commuting regularly. (Please see exceptions in the FAQs)
- Visit the checkout and select the Green Commute Initiative option.
- Complete the checkout from our website and we will send you a quote within 1 business day.
- Should you be happy with your quotation, please contact us to confirm you would like to proceed. We will normally require a £50 refundable deposit to reserve your goods whilst your voucher application is being processed.
- You can then request a Green Commute Initiative voucher from your employer. (Your employer will direct you to an area on GCI's website where you can do this)
- If you would like your goods to be delivered, you will need to forward us your PDF voucher along with a scan or image of your photo ID and a copy of proof of address (see details below)
- If you would like to collect the bike instore, please call us so we can arrange a collection date.
- Once we have verified your voucher and ID, we will ship the bike to your home address. If you would like to collect your bike instore, you will need to visit us with your voucher and original photo ID.
Where can my bike be delivered to?
We can deliver to your home address.
Is there a delivery charge?
Our standard delivery charges apply. Free to most parts of the UK. £25 to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands. Delivery charges will not appear on your quote and will need to be paid for outside of your voucher.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
Photo ID: A copy of a valid UK Driving Licence or UK Passport
Proof of Address: A household utility bill or bank statement dated in the last 3 months showing your name and address. Internet statements are not acceptable.
Can bicycles be shipped when paying with a Green Commute Initiative voucher?
Yes, please follow the above procedure.
Is there a limit to the value of the bike and accessories I can select?
The GCI scheme is unlimited value but your employer may set a limit.
Can vouchers be "topped up" with additional funds?
The "topping up" of vouchers is not permissable. Your voucher value must cover the value you have been quoted for the bike
Are Podium Points available when paying by GCI voucher?
We are unable to offer our Podium Point scheme when payment is by GCI voucher. This is because GCI receive a commission from each sale.
Are Sale/Discounted bikes available when paying by GCI voucher?
Yes. However, due to their reduced margin, sale bikes will be subject to a 5% surcharge which will added to the quotation.
Are there any exceptions as to what can be purchased using a GCI voucher?
Yes. You cannot purchase the following items: GPS ride trackers and navigation devices, Bike racks for cars, Cameras, Turbo trainers or rollers, Gift cards, Nutritional products / foodstuffs, Power meters, Headphones or waterproof clothing which isn't flourescent.